Saturday, July 30, 2011

It's a hard knocked life...

 I had to face another death, that was just as painful as losing John. John’s mother has dealt with so much these past two years, not to mention over the years in general. She struggled with heart problems and cancer, before all of the stuff with John. She was never the same after John’s death, but I don’t think any of us were—no let restate, we were never the same and we won’t be, that’s a fact. 

I grew up knowing “The General” or “General Micky” for most of my life. She was always there throughout John and my formative years in school. High school had many memories in that library of hers, where John and I spent countless hours skipping class and passing the afternoons away. Later, through my adult years and after John’s death, Micky and I, we developed a friendship, that centered not just on John, but books and life. We had many conversations this year from all my hardships I was facing to her hardships to what we were currently watching on T.V. or reading.

Despite her strength, I think the past two years were taking its toll on her body. She passed quickly and unexpectedly. It’s true, I didn’t take the news well and I’m still handling it. I’m happy that she’s with John, resting and being with John; but I will miss her more than I thought I would. As I face this next school year, I know I will not look forward to that library being under someone else’s care. That will forever be Micky’s library. I’m not sure how I will handle this school year.

Isn’t it just like life, to throw its lemons at you, just when you’ve begun to think “Oh, I got this, look at me, I’m going to be okay.” This summer has been full of little surprises, especially ones I did not see coming. I really thought this summer would be filled with tons of romantic endeavors and busy school work. Life is amazing like that. Because despite the fact that I’m not happy with the recent turn of events, I always find the silver lining, and the silver lining I see it’s pretty amazing…peace & love always…

"If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together... there is something you must always remember. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart... I'll always be with you."
— A.A. Milne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers