Sunday, July 10, 2011

Romance at every age...

It's true, I'm huge sucker for the romance. I love all romantic movies and I get teary eyed when watching them! I think that when someone takes the time to make something special or treat someone to something they enjoy, well that's beautiful. Yes, cheesy, but it makes me tear up with happiness. Hahaha I know, coming from the girl who prides herself on her new found independence. BUT, I've always been a sucker for the simple kindness of everyday human interaction, whether it's small or huge. Take for example, my favorite flower to receive..gerber daisies or sunflowers. Yes, I love weeds, I think they're just beyond beautiful. I think roses are pretty and nice, but if you really want to get me grinning and win extra bonus points, take the time to find a weed. John, once tried to cheer me up, I was having a rough day. He went out and bought me a Shrek coloring book and big fat jumbo crayons (I love the Shrek movies & coloring) and a red rose. Now, as he handed the gift over, I was just happy to 1. be getting a surprise gift 2. I was getting colors 3. I was getting a coloring book too! Before, I could even say "thanks!" He says, I'm sorry.  I know roses are not your favorite, but I couldn't find a sunflower or gerber daisy to save my life, all I found were roses. I looked at him and I said, John, the fact you tried to find my weeds is just as good as getting me a real one and you've made my day, thank you! I was thrilled that he got me things I loved and despite the fact that he gave me a rose, I knew he tried to find my favorite--which is what mattered. 


That's why I love romance movies or stories. The people go out of their way to make things special for that person to see them happy, that is just so amazing and the true art of love. To love someone, you'd do anything to see them smile and be happy. So, yes, I know I'm hard on myself about getting into a relationship with anyone, but it's only because I know I want different things then what most people usually want. BUT, I do love romance and I love when people go out of their way to do something to make me smile or something nice just for me. 


Which is why I love to give my friends gifts. I love to see their smiles and their faces light up when I give them something that means a lot to them; because I love them and I love seeing them happy. I hope and truly wish that everyone in this world gets some sort of love, because it makes me really sad to just think about someone not ever feeling loved or feeling important to someone. Everyone deserves loves and kindness, no matter what they've done or will do. Love is also more than just two people being physically attracted to each other. Real love is when you care about that person's happiness and you'd do anything to help them achieve that. Love is knowing despite the fact that you'll make mistakes, you still matter to someone at the end of the day and they care if you're okay. 


In short, go out and love. What do you have to lose? Oh, I'm sure you'll make a fool of yourself, but someone will appreciate the effort. People need all the love they can get, it's something that is always needed and we'll never tire of. I'll end with that silly old bear...but peace and love always <3


"Piglet sidled up to Pooh from behind. "Pooh?" he whispered. 
"Yes, Piglet?" 
"Nothing," said Piglet, taking Pooh's hand. "I just wanted to be sure of you." 
 A.A. Milne (Winnie-the-Pooh
)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers