Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Coupon Fantatics

I’ve recently taken a part time job in retail…

I had to let that sit for just a bit. Actually, I really like it (granted I’m only going off my 2nd day) but I enjoy retail. YES, I like clothes and shopping and just the whole way stores smell….I even like working with my most of my customers!! Look at the word MOST, that’s a key factor in any of my future posts about my job…

But, I want to shed some light on coupons…those pesky little pieces of dying trees (yes, I went there!) that make up about 40% of trash in your home, car, bags, or wherever you throw them. Working in retail, I have a new ideas about how these “golden tickets” that cause havoc in my new word of retail.
The fine print. Those little words can either leave my customers feeling defeated or just out right attacked. That yes, ME, with my over huge smile (because everything I do is done ornately!) and trendy outfit have just taken your god given discounts away…

Sadly, no. I would love to give you the discount and I don’t understand the rules that “corporate” makes…I’m just the messenger that brings forth their final say in what they deem as the gregarious gift for being a loyal customer to our stores.

What to watch for: coupons not being used with other coupons or DISCOUNTS (example: senior citizens); cannot be used during special shopping hours (example: early bird hours); or even weird ending prices (!!! I know, I just realized stores did this one). Take heed my fellow shoppers and coupon fanatics!!

Simple math. When ringing up the total and the customers realizes that anything under %30 is really just paying for your taxes. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve walked into numerous stores with the “golden ticket” of %20 off feeling this euphoria to what I assume the Kardashians must feel when shopping—to when that final total is rung up. That nope, I’m not a Kardashian, nor do I have their budget, but I’m a normal person who just maybe over spent on things that I didn’t need.

DATES! I’m still a victim to this!! Who honestly pays attention to dates, except maybe our extreme couponers (which kudos to yall!! Round of applause that you’re that dedicated); but for what I assume the majority of us do, we don’t look at dates. We’ve got a stinking coupon and for once it’s more than just %30 percent…it’s an actual%50!! You’ve stashed this little gift from the retail gods, in a special little place, so when the opportunity presented itself you could use it. BUT, then that over smiling over trendy dressed sale assistant mumbles (because we know, we know how you’re going to react) “I’m sorry the coupon expired”. The word darkens, clouds assemble overhead, small children scurry to sanctuary and you realize that you’ve been wronged!


Coupons…what can I say. They don’t make the world go round, but in retail they make my job just that much more interesting…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers