Sunday, January 12, 2014

Affirmed...

Yes...affirmed. It's how I feel about my life right now or more the fact that at the age of 28, I can say I'm pretty affirmed with myself and where my life is going. Let's not be crazy and think I've got it all figured it out...because I don't; but that's OK! 
Because I love lists... Let me list some of my affirmations for MYSELF (note: I stated myself because these are my affirmations)

  1. I'm happy with who I am. I'm not perfect and I will never say I am. But, I'm a decent individual. 
  2. I'm a social butterfly. Yes, I like to go out and enjoy the company of my friends, because I'm human and humans like social interactions. 
  3. I don't conform. Yeah I march to my own little beat...its fun though!
  4. I respect everyone in this life and will treat them accordingly. 
  5. I don't judge anyone, because no one is perfect and people make mistakes all the time. 
  6. I can forgive because I too need to be forgiven at times
  7. We have one life to live...so I live up to my standards and my beliefs. I will not live someone else's life. 
  8. I'm single and I'm not in a rush to get married. I do want children and a marriage, but I want to keep figuring me out. For my friends who are married, congratulations and I'm truly happy for you; but I know that chapter isn't here in my life. 
  9. I make mistakes and that's okay. Sometimes the best stories come from making mistakes and learning from them...
  10. I move forward...the rest of my life cannot be lived in the past.
  11. I'm a nerd. I'm educated and somewhat well rounded in a variety of things...but it makes for interesting conversations with me!
  12. I have secrets...that's why my hair is so big!
  13. Life is hard, happy, sad, fun, and messy.
In the end, these are my own affirmations. Some days we need reminders that we're not horrible people and that our worth is important--even if you're just important to yourself (which is a big deal). Everyone affirmations are different, and it should be, but for me I'm happy with my affirmations. For anyone who reads this, I hope you can look at your life and find a few affirmations that make you smile. 
Peace & Love always...

You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
-Christopher Robin 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers